Friday, January 13, 2012

Great Ozzie start to 2012

How was your New Years Eve?
We had a great time, ended up not going to the beach. Early fireworks freaked out Daisy, so we stayed at the house and enjoyed our NYE here. We, of course, had the required champers and enjoyed the fireworks displays from Melbourne and Sydney(on the telly).


On New Years Day, we went to visit friends who live in Ventnor(a 5 min drive from here and further down and around the corner from Red Rocks beach), and had a great walk on their beach. After the walk we all enjoyed appies and champers in their backyard. Of course this was after I had called my mom and talked to her, my bro Steven, sis-in-law Linda, nephew Kyle and his wife Chelsey. Was great to catch up and wish them all the best for 2012. They are having a unusually warm winter, but not as warm as me!!(But then, I am in summer here)


We did have a few days in the high 30s. Did not do much on those days except hide in the house and try to stay cool. Daisy and I took one early morn walk, but even at 7:30AM it was 27C. So we started our walks after supper, usually when a nice sea breeze had popped up. Of course the beach has been very crowded and it is amazing all the broken glass that is left behind. Wendy and I have been picking it up when we see it. Don't want any cut paws or feet.


Wendy and I took Daisy down to Cowes and took a lovely walk along the beach front and along the pier. Daisy had a great time sniffing and exploring. Not too many other dogs so she only got to bark a few times. We watched the kids jumping off the pier and the adults fishing before heading to the shops to do some food shopping before heading home.


Started the painting on the picket fence, slow going, especially when the weather changed and we were getting small showers thru the days. Had some wild wind storms and 1 day of pounding rain. We also had 2 days of 18 and 19C, I was so cold, I had to wear a fleece jacket as well as long jeans. Now we are back into the mid 20s and to hit the mid 30s next week.


I am off to Melbourne to stay with Alison for a week. Will be lots of fun as she has all sorts of adventures planned. Al  gave me a bus/train/tram pass for Christmas, hope I don't get too lost in Melbourne. She has taken 2 days off work and I will have the other days to do my own exploring. I will also get to shmuzze with Al's dog Walley. I feel lots of walks and brushes with him coming on!


Deb, Wendy and I are planning our trip away. Will be taking the A-van taking off for 4 weeks of travel. So exciting, new and old places to visit. Yes, I will keep you updated as we go.


My beautiful gum tree out front is finally bursting with flowers. The Wattle birds absolutely love it and fight with each other to feed on the nectar. I can see lots and lots more blooms to come, can't wait to see it covered.


I am enjoying my down time and getting good books read, eating good food and having great laughs with my dear friends.


The photos are a bit willy-nilly, they are, from the top:  me on Ventnor beach New Years Day
Cowes pier
sea bird
painting fence
Daisy at Red Rocks beach
Red Rocks  at Red Rocks beach x 2
blooms on "my" gum tree


That's all for now. Hope all is well with you back at home. Take care and the best for 2012.


Cheers and love   Bon









1 comment:

  1. That was quite a weather update...! But when on vacay, these are important things to note. Weather in Regina, or St Johns....who cares!
    Great to hear " champers" is being enjoyed, as with the canines enjoying their walks and fun. Where are the felines?! Deprivation?! Oh the shock. No Aussie kitties to tell us about? Maybe while you're road tripping.
    Can wait to see toad trip photos!
    Keep it up Bonnie!
    Xo CP

    ReplyDelete